Category: Food and Events
Our suppliers for our bakes, supporting our local Eco-system
When I am choosing ingredient suppliers for our breads my concern is not for the price, but rather for the quality of the product, the location of the supplier and how it benefits our local area and our planet.
Could we save money buying from the large commercial bulk providers?
Sure: But more important than cost is both the quality of the ingredient and the quality/ benefit of the supplier. Our local area is Eco-System that supports us, so we must also choose local suppliers of food regardless of cost, this will in turn benefit our food supply and our local economy. Whenever possible the food should be Organically grown, local, family-owned and also produce a superior product.
With this in mind, these excellent suppliers provide the most tasty and high quality ingredients for all our products:
- Central Milling: proving a range of Organic and Hi-Protein flours with milling done in Petaluma, CA and Logan Utah. They have been milling flour the old fashion way for over 150 years. This flour is a part of everything we deliver as a bakery so we only want the best for our bakes.
- Petaluma Creamery: One of the very last turn-key dairies that does it all from animal to product. They provide a rich European-style butter that make our croissants so much better. They also provide cheeses for our Ciabatta Bread too.
- O’ Live Healthy: With Olives groves in Corning, CA this company provides excellent tasting olives and Olive Oil for our Ciabatta bread.
- Apricot King: From Hollister, CA this small farm has grown the best Almonds, Walnuts and dried fruit since 1945 that we use in our croissants and breads.
- Prevedelli Farms: Providing organic apples for our turnovers and other bakes. This farm has been family owned since 1945 and grows the best tasting organic apples.
- Guittard Chocolate: High quality and fair trade chocolate from this 150 year old, family owned Bay Area company
We feel you can definitely taste the difference when we put the best ingredients we can into all our bakes, it is worth the extra.
Thanks to all our great customers and neighbors for supporting us!
Tour the new kitchen
The kitchen is finished thanks to our resilient contractor; Done Right Home Remodeling. .
A year ago we suffered water damage due to a faulty dishwasher which prompted us to undertake a complete remodel of our existing kitchen. 2020’s Shelter in place orders, online learning and work from home were adaptations we all had to make, but for us we were also challenged with minimal cooking ability, delays in sourcing materials, city permits and so much more.
We stayed patient and worked on designing our new space around our favorite things gardening, cooking and socializing. Our spacious kitchen now opens up to our garden, new professional cooking tools and a generous amount of space devoted to preparing, socializing and enjoying meals.
Our space has been approved by Santa Clara County as a Cottage Food Operation, and we are excited to announce that we have launched our home bakery to our neighbors. Click here to preview our bakery selections.
To fulfill our long term goal of a home restaurant we need your help. Click here to go to Cook Alliance (a non-profit company) to find out more about the new laws to allow home restaurants. The California law that allows home restaurants was passed a few years ago, however, Santa Clara County has yet to adopt the new law. Voice your opinion with your local representatives to make this a reality.
You must be logged in to post a comment.